This class will cover subjects of interest for anyone who administers roadway construction projects. The first day of class instruction will cover: Construction Administration the owner’s role, contract award and execution, bonds and insurance, responsibilities of the on-site representative, planning and managing construction activities and prosecution and progress of the work. The second half day will cover materials testing and acceptance, pavement milling and alternative resurfacing options such as microresurfacing, nove chip slurry seal and others.
Who Should Attend? This course is designed and aimed at the more experienced field representative or project owner’s representative. It is recommended that attendees should have at least 5 years work experience in this environment or have attended the “Introduction to Construction Inspection in Public Works” offered by ITRE and APWA.
Check-in will begin at 8am on the first day of the workshop. The workshop will be held from 8am to 4pm each day. 12 PDH credits.
- Fee includes course materials, breaks, and lunch each day
- Registration will be handled on a first-received, first-served basis
- Register online and pay with a credit card. You must have an account with APWA National in order to register online. Register by selecting the "Register Now" button at the top of the page.
- Register by mail and pay by check using the attached form.
Cancellations must be submitted 7 days prior to the event to receive a refund. Cancellations submitted after the 7 day window may be brought to the Executive Board at the next regularly scheduled meeting for consideration. Please know these registrations are transferable and that you may send someone in your place to this event.
- Construction Administration
- Construction Contract
- On site representative and the Contract
- Planning and Managing Construction Activities
- Prosecution and Progress
- Asphalt Paving Alternatives
- Materials Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Additional Information is available in the attached form
Registration Items :
Advanced Construction Inspection for Public Works Projects